ABOUT ME

12.08.2012

that time of year...

Well, it's that time of year again... Were you wake up for work in the dark and trudge back in twilight. Hope you don't miss that vitamin D, I'm working on my anti-tan. That coupled with the characteristic Portland grayness, and it's pretty damn depressing. And also FREAKING COLD lately. Let's just say that we have gotten a lot of use out of our awesome wood fireplace



Anyways, I'm trying to not gain 15 pounds from all the holiday parties that I seem obligated to go to as an adult. Which by the way, I'm discovering that the holidays kind of suck as a young adult. I seem to only get lame or no gifts, and the excitement and magic is gone. Lame. At least I've been able to finish all christmas shopping online as to expend as little effort as possible. You like getting candles every year, right?

Wedding planning is moving along, I should be able to get the Save-the-Dates out in a few days if I manage to schlep over to the post office this weekend and, other than that, all we need to do in the next few months is find an Officiant. Maybe I'll get my act together soon and detail everything I've been doing in relation to the wedding. That's if I can overcome the embarrassment of explaining that yes, we are still not married, and yes, we have been engaged for over a year now. The big event is in August...2013 and has been since November 2010. I like to plan ahead, OK?

Too bad all I accomplished today was a nap. Ah well...

The bright spot in my universe lately is that fact that Karl and I have a new member of our family! Introducing Arctic:



1/2 Maremma Sheepdog, 1/4 Great Pyrenees, and 1/4 Border Collie.



Now we are just a great big happy family of 5 :)

x - kevlyn


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment