ABOUT ME

1.12.2015

Resolution

It's the New Year and after finally decompressing from the holidays (although it seems as though my body is still catching up) its time to start in on a new routine!

Karl and I have both been vegan previously, and it helped my health tremendously. From my skin (no break outs), to my mood (after getting over the sugar addiction hump), to my gut. But we have fallen off the proverbial wagon, and who can blame us? We have a demanding 7 month old after all.

But life is no excuse when it comes to health and happiness. From my approximately 6 months of vegan-ness that I experienced I can truly say that eating that way made me literaly happier. And what better time than the present to make a new resolution?

However, knowing that life throws you curveballs, I find the best way to set yourself up for success is to be realistic. Making a home-cooked vegan meal EVERY night is not a realistic staring point. So here are the rules of my new resolution:

  1. Eat primarily vegan (avoid meat and dairy, although don't beat yourself up about the dash of honey)
  2. Limit the amount of white flour and white sugar
  3. Stick to whole foods
  4. Don't count calories, but only eat when hungry (I'm looking at you fig newtons)
  5. Eat breakfast every day (Starbucks doesn't count!!)
  6. Bring lunch to work as often as possible using dinner from the night before (this works well as most recipes are written for 4)
  7. Have 1 meat day a week (chicken or fish - lean protein)
  8. Have 1 cheat (eating out) day a week.
  9. And most important of all, MEAL PLAN. Go grocery shopping and stick to the planned meals, even if the days shift around a bit.
Personally, I see this as more of a lifestyle choice then a diet, and I know it will take some time (and grumpy-ness) to change the routine. But honestly, I see this plan as being more effective in the long run than any fad diet.

If A can do it so can we!

Mommy's milk is vegan right??


Now to convince the husband :)

xoxo

K

No comments:

Post a Comment